Wanted to make a fun little change up so I’ll be posting every Friday from now on. The weekend is near, it’s holiday party season and the time to be choosing your next party ensemble. But what sort of outfit were you thinking of? I have a fun and diverse group of friends who love to get dressy, others who prefer something more casual and others who opt for something tailored or even full blown festive. So when I was deciding what I wanted to wear this year for Christmassy occasions, I figured a whole post on the matter was definitely in order.
The holiday season is great for many reasons. We love all the tinsel and traditions! Cozying up by the fireplace, spending quality time with family and friends. Holiday parties and skiing down the mountain aweeee the list could go on! I love this time of year! So I have round up two outfits to give you ideas of what to wear to your next holiday party. This will be a two part series blog.
This week let’s talk about being casual chic. First pick one thing that is glittery or shiny. Here I choose a shiny mixed gold and silver dress. This dress was thrifted and very affordable. I love thrifting especially when I find amazing pieces like this dress. I can dress this up or keep it casual. Since I wanted to go for the casual affect I add a cropped white tee under the dress. A thick suede choker for some depth. Black tights for warmth and chunky black booties for some height. These black suede booties are my go to for this season. The height is just right and the chunky heel works perfectly for long days. These booties are timeless and go with everything effortlessly.
Looking festive should be fun and exciting. Wear your attitude! Below is a list of key things you can think about while getting ready for a party this season.
1. Stay away from Christmas-themed sweaters
Unless it’s a “ugly sweater party”.
2. Winter white -Soft white at Christmas is chic and sophisticated.
2. Try a Sweater Dress-The three C’s…Casual, classy, cozy. A cozy sweater dress with black tights and some booties.
3. Sparkle- it’s the best and easy touch to add to any ensemble. Today’s outfit I styled for you is a perfect example the dress is gold/silver and sparkles when light hits it. You can do a skirt, glitter blazer. There is no limits
4. Wow them with a Satin, Jewel-Toned Blouse-A pretty silky blouse is an easy way to up the glamor during the holidays. There’s no need to stick to red, though. Any deep, rich, clear color will look festive too. Metallics also work with the mood of the season
Festive party season is here, I hope this two part series inspires you for the perfect holiday party outfit. Come back next week for a fancy take on a party ensemble. Happy Friday
I love the dress! 🙂
Thank you darling