Happy Holidays! My mini vacation has now come and gone. I am so thrilled to have had some free time to explore in the snow, love and cherish the most important people around me. Now that Christmas and my dad’s birthday are sadly over, I wanted to play with socks and open toe shoes! I have never really liked the style, but I wanted to test my skills and try something outside the box. What to do with your favorite pair of open toe heels for fall? Well that’s easy…Just add a pair of socks! Socks and sandals are back in. The hottest choice in my opinion is kneehigh ribbon socks in black, brown or nude. Like it or not! Wearing socks in sandals is fashionable and a perfect way to wear your open toe shoes for fall. Below are a couple of hints that I found helpful when I was styling my socks with my color block wedges!
1) Fun print – balance out the outfit with some polka dot socks.
2) Lace socks – always a chic touch to an all-black outfit.
3) Matching- streamline the color scheme by matching the color of your socks to your sweater.
4) Polished Look – when in doubt, black socks are the way to go to keep your toes warm and your outfit polished.
5) Don’t want Attention – try wearying darker socks to prevent drawing attention away from your colorful winter ensemble.
6) Be Bold – go all out and pair some bright red socks to stand out from the crowd
7) Forget tights – Socks that come up to the calves are great alternatives when it’s warm enough.
8) Chilin – Scrunch up the socks around the ankles for a more relaxed look.
The look I styled was fun and a little retro! The color scheme is not your typical December colors however, the color combo just reminds me of That 70’s show! The baby blue fuzzy jacket is so warm and adds that bold to the ensemble. Since the jacket is a bit longer I figured why not style a mini dress?! This dress has two very important memories for me! I wore this for my 25th birthday and I also rocked this dress when my photographer and I first set off on this amazing and fashionable journey I would come to love and Style My Bonez was born! So since this year is coming to an end I thought I’d close out this year in the dress I started in! Seems fitting! I’ll see you next Friday in the new year!! Let’s play with some glitter! It’s time for a new start ! Hello 2017!
Photographer : Anthony Evens